140 persons are suspected of committing corruption crimes within 760 criminal proceedings investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor`s Office. 215 cases as of 369 persons sent to court.
These are the results of the activities of the NABU and the SAPO as of August 31, 2019. The NABU and the SAPO gave notices of suspicion to following persons:
- six people involved in introduction of the so-called "Rotterdam+ formula" that resulted in losses to electricity consumers (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine)
- ex-Director of the Trudov Career Department of the State Enterprise “Management of Industrial Enterprises of the State Administration of Railway Transport of Ukraine” involved in 1.2 mln UAH public funds embezzlement of the abovementioned SE (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Deputy Minister of the Ukrainian government who did not submit data on using real estate in 2015-2016 — a dwelling house with a total area of 556.4 sq. m and a land area of 0.1607 ha. (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In August, the NABU jointly with the Special Operations Department of the Prosecutor General`s Office of Ukraine and the Security Service of Ukraine detained the Deputy Minister of Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine.
For the first time in the history of the NABU and SAPO, a witness who disclosed the data of the pre-trial investigation was given a notice of suspicion.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of series of resonant criminal proceedings in August. Among them these are:
- public funds embezzlement of 346.22 mln UAH of JSC “Zaporizhzhiaoblenergo” (Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- submitting false data to e-declaration by ex-Head of one of the regional state administrations (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine)
- submitting false data to e-declaration by the Ministry of Ukrainian government (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- 8.6 mln UAH public funds embezzlement of the subsidiary company “Centrgas” (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- illegal actions of a participant of the so-called “gas scheme” (Part 1 Article 255, Part 5 Article 27 Part 4 Article 28 Part 5 Article 191, Part 5 Article 27 Part 4 Article 28 Part 2 Article 205, Part 5 Article 27 Part 4 Article 28 Part 3 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
The abovementioned suspects and their defense had been granted with access to the materials of the investigation. After that, an indictment will be sent to court.
More information about the NABU’s main results available on the homepage of the website.