The NABU Detectives have started a pre-trial investigation as of 64 criminal proceedings in May 2020. 15 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. The indictments as of 6 persons were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU and SAPO activities in May 2020.
In particular, the notices of suspicion were given to following persons:
- ex-Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine (NGU), a former Member of Parliament (ex-beneficial owner) and a number of officials of real estate developer company, suspected of misappropriation of the NGU property in amount of UAH 81.64 million (Part 5 Article 191, Part 4 Article 369, Part 3 Article 209, Part 3 Art. 28 Part 3 Article 358, Part 3 Article 28 Part 4 Article 358 of Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Director of the State Enterprise (SE) “Ukrmedproektbud” and two Heads of private companies involved in causing UAH 30 million damages to the State, allocated for the construction of a new building for the medical and diagnostic complex of the National Children's Specialized Hospital “Okhmatdyt” (Part 2 Article 28, Part 2 Article 364, Part 2 of Article 28, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- three participants of corruption scheme for the supply of goods of unknown origin by “Ukroboronprom” Group of Companies with tax evasion and subsequent legalization of funds (Part Article 212, Part 3 Article 209, Part 2 Article, Part 3 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-acting Director General of the "Forest Innovation and Analytical Center" SE, suspected of UAH 4.17 million public funds embezzlement (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Deputy Head of the District Court of Kharkiv, suspected of receiving of improper advantage (Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- two more Members of Parliament, who are suspected of receiving UAH 928 thousand and UAH 937 thousand of illegal cash compensation payments for rental housing (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are as of the following facts:
- UAH 25.4 million misappropriation of the “Eastern Mining and Processing Plant” SE;
- causing of UAH 9.3 million damages to the territorial community of Kyiv;
- causing UAH 21.36 million damages to the “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” SE;
- causing UAH 13.7 million damages to the “Electrotyazhmash Plant” SE;
- misappropriation of the Nantional Guard property in amount of UAH 81.64 million;
- receiving UAH 543.9 thousand of illegal cash compensation payments for rental housing by the Member of Parliament;
In May 2020, NABU and SAPO sent to court cases as of the following facts:
- fraud and incitement to giving an improper advantage by the Deputy Minister of the Temporary Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons of Ukraine, as well as his “assistant”(Part 4 Article 190; Part 4 Article 27, Part 2 Article 15, Part 3 Article 369; Part 4 Article 27, Part 2 Article 15, Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- receiving USD 8 thousand of improper advantage by the Deputy Head of the State Agency of Water Resources of Ukraine (Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- illegally receiving UAH 361 thousand of funds as a compensation from the state budget for housing rent by the MP (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- receiving UAH 15 thousand of improper advantage by the Head of the District Court of Zakarpattia Oblast (Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
In May, NABU prevented such corruption facts as:
- revocation of seizure of USD 14 million owned by the ex-Minister of Revenues and Duties;
- causing USD 80 million losses to the United Mining and Chemical Company;
- transfer of UAH 300 million to the company of an ex-official suspected of causing billions damages to the State.
Due to the work of the NABU Detectives, UAH 600 million was refunded to “Ukrnafta”. During January-April 2020, UAH 147 million was returned to the State.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.