In April, NABU and SAPO served 15 notices of suspicion, sent indictments against 17 persons to court, four convictions came into force. NABU Detectives started pre-trial investigations in 55 criminal proceedings.
The exposed persons include:
- two lawyers caught red-handed receiving an improper advantage for its further transfer to judges of the Kyiv District Administrative Court - Part 4 Article 27, Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the former Head of the National Police Explosives Department suspected of receiving a UAH 980 thousand bribe - Part 4 Article 368, Part 1 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the beneficiary of a group of companies operating in Ukraine's road industry who provided an improper advantage to the leadership of the State Agency of Automobile Roads of Ukraine (Ukravtodor) to buy "loyalty" to his companies - Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- seven former officials of Ukrinmash SE (a subsidiary of Ukroboronprom State Concern) suspected of embezzling more than EUR 140 thousand (approx. UAH 3.5 mln) - Part 2 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191, Part 2 Article 27, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the former acting Director of Pivdendiproshakht SE suspected of embezzling UAH 7 mln and forging documents - Part 2 Article 15, Part 5 Article 191, and Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, and his deputy Part 2 Article 15, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations in a number of criminal proceedings involving:
- two suspects in a scheme resulting in the loss of UAH 30 million allocated for the construction of a new building of the National Children's Specialized Hospital “Okhmatdyt”;
- the former Head of the Vinnytsia region road service, who offered a UAH 4.7 million bribe to the Head of the Regional State Administration for amending local budget expenditures items;
- the former official of Mykolaivoblenerho JSC exposed offering an improper advantage to the Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine;
- six persons suspected of embezzling funds allocated to prevent manmade accidents at coal mines in Luhansk region.
The following persons were put on trial:
- the former Head of two private companies involved in a corruption scheme to embezzle public funds during the extraction and sale of natural gas under joint venture agreements with Ukrgazvydobuvannia PJSC ("gas scheme" case) - Part 1 Article 255, Part 2 Article 27, Part 4 Article 28, Part 5 Article 191, Part 2 Article 27, Part 4 Article 28, Part 2 Article 3,66 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- three persons who attempted to offer USD 5 mln in bribe to the Heads of anti-corruption agencies to ensure the closure of criminal proceedings involving the former Ecology Minister under President Yanukovych (suspected of the seizure of stabilization loan funds provided to Real Bank PJSC) - Part 5 Article 27, Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- three more persons involved in the Krayan Plant corruption scheme to embezzle UAH 92 million from the Odesa Сity budget during the purchase of plant’s buildings - Part 5 Article 191, Part 3 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the eighth participant in the corruption scheme involving the supply of goods of unknown origin to the enterprises of Ukroboronprom State Concern via Optimumspetsdetal LLC - Part 2 Article 369-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the Head of one of the regional state administrations and his subordinate accused of receiving a particularly large bribe - Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the former Head of Chernihiv District State Administration exposed red-handed receiving an improper advantage - Part 3 Art. 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- five persons involved in the embezzlement of UAH 37 million during construction works at the Shyrokyi Lan military range in Mykolaiv Oblast - Part 5 Article 191, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is considered non-guilty in the commission of a crime and cannot be subject to criminal punishment until he or she is found guilty by court.