NABU Detectives started 75 new investigations, served 19 notices of suspicion, and filed two indictments against four people. These are the results of NABU’s work in December 2021. 4 conviction in respect of 4 persons came into force.
The following persons were given notices of suspicion:
- the Head of the structural unit of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, who suspected on offering UAH 24 million of improper advantage to influence the results of an audit;
- the former director of the state enterprise "Market Operator", suspected of almost UAH 2.15 million embezzlement;
- nine persons, who embezzled UAH 157 million belonging to state-owned grain companies;
- three persons, who caused UAH 11.6 million damage to the "Kyivzelenbud";
- four persons, who caused over UAH 67.73 million indamage to the s "Ukrtelefilm" SE.
The following persons were put on trial:
- the former Chairman of the Board of Ukragroleasing NJSC and his accomplice, the head of a private company, who caused UAH 4.9 million damages;
- the former Deputy Director of the “Ukrainian State Research and Design Institute of Nitrogen Industry and Organic Synthesis Products” SE, accused on abusing office and drawing up an untrue expert's report.
In December, NABU completed investigations regarding:
- the head of a district court of Vinnytsia region suspected of the completion of the investigation into extortion and acceptance of an undue benefit;
- the former President of Ukraine and his son suspected with seizing the Mezhyhiria residence by abusing their official position.
In addition, the eCase Management System, developed for the automation of the pre-trial investigation among detectives, prosecutors, and judges, has finally been launched. NABU became the first pre-trial investigation body, which start digitalize the criminal process in Ukraine.
Among other achievements of December: NABU and AMCU expose conspiracy in procurement worth almost UAH 500 million, NABU secures reimbursement of UAH 36.5 million to Boryspil Airport and the final settlement of the dispute in favor of the state in the return assets of National Cinematheque of Ukraine SE worth UAH 42 million.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is considered non-guilty in the commission of a crime and cannot be subject to criminal punishment until he or she is found guilty by court.