221 persons are suspected of committing corruption crimes within 836 criminal proceedings investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine jointly with the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor`s Office.
Indictments as of 418 persons were sent to court.
These are the results of the activities of the NABU and the SAPO as of November 30, 2019.
In November 2019, NABU and SAPO sent to court a number of indictments. Among accused persons there are:
- ex-Minister, who did not submit data to e-declaration for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 for a total amount of almost USD 1.25 million;
- ex-official of National Agency on Corruption Prevention, who did not submit data to e-declaration for a total amount of almost UAH 544.39 thousand;
- ex-Head of the Regional State Administration (equivalent to the Governor) who did not submit data on worth in the amount of about UAH 35 million and UAH 8 million, to annual e-declarations for 2016 and 2017. In addition, he did not submit e-declaration for 2015 at all;
- ex-Deputy Minister of Ecology of Ukraine, who did not submit data on the property (owned by close relatives) for a total amount of almost UAH 6.9 million to e-declaration in 2015-2016;
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of a number of resonant criminal proceedings in November. Among them there are as of the following persons:
- ex-Head, suspected of causing damage to the of the State Enterprise (SE) “Design Bureau Artillery Armament” (under management of UDI “Ukroboronprom”);
- ex-Member of Parliament (MP) of Ukraine, who did not submit data on using of real estate in Kyiv worth UAH 3.8 million owned by a close relative to e-declarations for 2016 and 2017;
- ex-MP, his financial adviser and freelance adviser of Head of the Administration of President of Ukraine in 2015-2016 years, suspected in causing UAH 20 million to the SE “Ukrzaliznychpostach” (since December 2015 - Branch of the JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia");
- ex-Head of the SE “Lviv Armor Vehicle Factory”, who did not submit data on worth in the amount of nearly UAH 4.6 million to e-declarations in 2016-2018.
In particular, in November notices of suspicion were given to:
- director of the SE of Kharkivska Oblast, exposed and detained on offering USD 100 thousand of improper advantage to NABU Detective;
- ex-MP, who submitted false data to e-declarations in 2015-2018;
- ex-Head of the UDI “Ukroboronprom” who did not submit data on worth (two apartments worth more than UAH 3 million and SUVs worth UAH 10 million UAH, owned by his common-law wife) to e-declaration in 2016;
- judge of the Zarychnyi District Court of Sumy, exposed after receiving USD 2 thousand of improper advantage.
In addition, ex-Head and five officials of one of the Territorial Customs Service, ex-official of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (SFS) were given notices of suspicion on involvement in the scheme related to the illegal customs clearance of goods imported into Ukraine. As a result, UAH 77.7 million damage was caused to the state. Then, the organizer of the scheme was given a notice of suspicion.
In the framework of investigation of the so-called "VAB Bank case ", the NABU Detectives gave notices of suspicion to 10 persons. They are suspected of embezzlement of UAH 1.2 billion of stabilization loan granted by the National Bank of Ukraine to the PJSC VAB Bank. The High Anti-Corruption Court selected preventive measures for all the suspects.
In November, the NABU Detectives exposed the Head of one of the Main Departments of the Presidential Office jointly with her accomplice in crime ex-Deputy Minister of Culture of Ukraine (2011) and one more person. She and her accomplices are suspected on receiving USD 300.000 of improper advantage for their assistance in the appointment to management position in NJSC “Naftogaz of Ukraine”. The High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine selected preventive measures for three suspects.
More information about the NABU’s main results available on the homepage of the website.