The Detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) investigate 635 criminal proceedings. Within the investigations 153 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing crimes. 302 persons are accused of committing crimes: the investigations of their offences are completed. These are the results of the NABU`s work in December 2018.
During the last month of 2018, the NABU Detectives under the procedural guidance of prosecutors of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAPO) gave notices of suspicion to:
- the former External Advisor of the Director General of the State Space Agency of Ukraine and to his trustee, allegedly involved in causing 8.245 million USD damage to the State Enterprise (SE) «Ukrcosmos»;
- the judge of one of the District Courts of Mariupol and his assistant, who were exposed on receiving an improper advantage for a decision-making in the administrative case.
In December, the NABU Detectives completed the investigation of a number of criminal proceedings. Among them there are:
- the case as of the facts of receiving an improper advantage in the amount of 15 thousand USD by the prosecutor of the Department for Supervision in Criminal Proceedings of the General Prosecutor's Office of Ukraine;
- the case as of embezzlement of funds intended for internally displaced persons by the Head of the Service for Children and Families of the Kyiv Regional State Administration;
- the case as of the submitting false data to e-declaration by the former Head of the State Ecological Inspection of Ukraine.
The defense and the suspects had been granted with access to the materials of the criminal proceedings for review.
The number of cases, in which the prosecutors drawn up and send to court indictments, increased to 176. Among them there are:
- official of the Security Service of Ukraine, who was exposed on receiving an improper advantage in the amount of 47.5 thousand USD from persons who have got permits for residence in Ukraine illegally (Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
- Former President of the Public Joint-Stock Company (PJSC) «C Trident» and ex-Director of the shipping company, who are accused of causing more than 219 million UAH damage to the Commercial Sea Fleet Ukraine (Part 5 of Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
Please find the updated statistics of the NABU activities on the main page of the web site.