As of July 31, 2019, the Detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) jointly with the prosecutors of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAPO) prosecuted 502 people for corruption. 133 persons are suspected of committing corruption crimes within 751 criminal proceedings investigated by the NABU. The indictments as of 369 persons sent to court.
In July 2019, the number of top-officials of law enforcement agencies, state institutions, and public authorities became the suspects in the NABU`s and the SAPO`s cases.
In particular, among them there are following persons:
- two ex-Heads of the National Police of Odesa Oblast and two Heads of private companies, involved in misappropriation of a large batch of tobacco products, earlier seized from illegal turnover (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (“Misappropriation, embezzlement or conversion of property by abuse of official position”);
- executive Director of the real estate developer became the fourth suspect within the case as of the facts of organizing a scheme of misappropriation of the property of the Main Department of the National Guard of Ukraine in the amount of 81.64 million UAH (Part 3 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (“Misappropriation, embezzlement or conversion of property by abuse of official post”);
- Head of the Unit in Lviv Region (falls within the scope of management of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine), who is suspected of causing 1.18 million UAH damage to the State (Part 2 Article 364 (“Abuse of office”), Part 1 Article 366 (“Forgery in office”) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Deputy Head of the State Archival Service of Ukraine, who is suspected in trading in influence (Article 369-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) and submitting false data to e-declaration (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-first Deputy Director General of the State Special Design Institute (SSDI) "Titanium Institute", who is suspected in organizing a scheme that caused 1.258 million UAH damage to the “Titanium Institute” (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Head of one of the regional state administrations, suspected in non- submission a data on worth in the amount of about 35 million UAH and 8 million UAH, data on real estate, cars, income and corporate rights to annual e-declarations (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (“Submitting false data to e-declaration”);
- Minister of the Ukrainian government, who is suspected of allegedly committing a crime under Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (“Submitting false data to e-declaration”).
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed a number of pre-trial investigations during July, for example, as of the facts of causing 39.8 million UAH losses to “Ukrzaliznytsia” during the loan of diesel fuel in Limited Liability Company (LLC) “Wog Aero Jet”.
After acquaintance with the investigation materials, indictment will be drawn up and sent to court.
In general, indictments as of 212 persons were sent to court by the NABU and the SAPO. In particular, among the accused persons there are following officials:
- judge of one of the District Courts of Mariupol and his assistant, exposed immediately after receiving a part of improper advantage (Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- judge of one of the District Courts of Odesa detained on receiving improper advantage (Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Director of the State Enterprise (SE) “Aviakon” and ex-Deputy Director of the SE “Aviakon” (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine); commercial director of a private company registered in offshore jurisdiction (Saint Kitts and Nevis) (Part 5 Article 27 Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
These persons are accused of allegedly abuse of office, resulted in 13 million UAH losses caused to the SE “Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon”, which is a part of “Ukroboronprom” concern.
More information about the NABU’s main results available on the homepage of the website.