The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 38 cases. 4 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 18 persons within 9 cases were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU activities as of November 2020.
Last month, NABU and SAPO gave a notice of suspicion to the Director of one of the Branch of the State Reserve Agency of Ukraine in Sumy Oblast, who planned to seize more than 189 tons of grain, which exceeds more than UAH 2.8 million. The NABU Detectives carried out investigative actions and prevented the illegal export of grain from the SRAU.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among suspects there are:
- a person, who tried to give an improper advantage in the amount of USD 800 thousand to the Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU);
- the Director of one of the Departments of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration, who incited a person to provide an improper advantage;
- the judge of the District Court of Kharkiv, exposed on receiving an improper advantage;
- six persons, involved in corruption at customs, which resulted UAH 63.8 million damages to the state;
- the Head of one of the Regional State Administrations, exposed on receiving an improper advantage;
- five persons, involved in the abusing of office during the procurement of services for the development a software for the sale of “Kyiv Boryspil Express” electronic tickets;
- five persons, involved in embezzlement UAH 37 million during the arrangement of the Shyrokyi Lan military range in Mykolayiv Oblast.
Among cases sent to court in November there are as of the following facts:
- committing illegal acts by the former Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine that caused losses in the amount of UAH 30.5 million to the state budget (Part 2 of Article 211 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- abuse of office by the former Head of one of the units of the Logistics Department of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- complicity of the Director of one of the private companies in UAH 787 million of public funds embezzlement of the National Bank of Ukraine (Part 1 Article 255, Part 4 Article 28, Part 5 Article 191, Part 4 Article 28 Part 2 Article 255, Part 4 Article 28 Part 2 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- an attempt to seize by deception (fraud) USD 300 thousand by group of persons by the Head of one of the Main Departments of the Presidential Office, the Ex-Deputy Minister of Culture of Ukraine and a person who pretended to be an adviser to the Head of the Presidential Office (Part 2 Article 15, Part 4 Article 190 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- embezzlement of funds of Derzhinformjust State Enterprise by four persons (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- giving an improper advantage to the Head of the State Reserve Agency of Ukraine (SRAU) by the Head of one of the Departments of the SRAU and his accomplice (Part 3 Article 27, Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.