NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations in 38 criminal proceedings, notified 6 persons of suspicion, and filed 5 indictments against 13 persons. These are the results of NABU’s work in September 2021.
The following persons were given notices of suspicion:
- the Director General of Pavlograd Chemical Plant Research and Production Association State Enterprise, whose abuse of office resulted in UAH 43.3 million losses to the SE;
- the former Acting Director of a state enterprise and the Head of the Main Department of the State Geocadastre in Vinnytsia region charged with missapropriation 17.11 hectares of especially valuable land, which caused UAH 11.6 million in damage to the State;
- an Ukrzaliznytsia official, whose abuse of office brought almost UAH 9.6 million losses;
- a close relative of Kyiv District Administrative Court Head, who submitted false data to his income/asset declaration;
- the Head of the Vinnytsia District Court of suspicion of accepting an improper advantage.
NABU completed investigations in several cases as of the following suspects:
- six persons involved in a corruption scheme used by Arkona Gas-Energy LLC to get the permit to develop the subsoil reserves of the Svistunkivsko-Chervonolutsky gas condensate field at an artificially reduced cost;
- the Head of State Commercial Sea Port "Chernomorsk" and his accomplice, who were exposed accepting a USD 250 thousand bribe;
- the beneficiary of a group of companies operating in Ukraine's road industry suspected of providing an improper advantage to the former acting Head of Ukravtodor.
In September, the following persons were put on trial:
- 12 suspects in the investigation into embezzling state-owned savings bank Oschadbank's USD 20 million;
- the former Chairman of the Chernivtsi Regional Council charged with receiving a USD 180,000 improper advantage and another person also involved in the crime;
- two persons involved in inflicting UAH 30 million in damage to the state during the construction of the National Children's Specialized Hospital "Okhmatdyt";
- the Head of the financial service of one of the military units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, accused of embezzling UAH 4.26 million.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is considered non-guilty in the commission of a crime and cannot be subject to criminal punishment until he or she is found guilty by court.