140 persons are suspected of committing corruption crimes within 783 criminal proceedings investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine jointly with the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor`s Office. Indictments as of 412 persons were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU`s and SAPO`s activities as of October 31, 2019.
This month the Director of one of the State Enterprises of Kharkivska Oblast was exposed and detained on offering 100 thousand USD of improper advantage to the NABU Detective (Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the former Chairman of the Board of the PJSC “State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine” was detained in Vilnius (Lithuania). Since March 2017, he has been sought as a suspect in criminal proceeding as of the fact of causing of over 60 million USD damage to the SFGCU (Part 3 Article 28, Part 2 Article 364, Part 3 Article 28, Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In particular, in October notices of suspicion were given to following persons:
- two directors and an accountant of LLCs, involved in corruption scheme at "Ukrzaliznytsia". They are suspected of the embezzlement of 20 million UAH, which were seized by judge decision and should be refunded to state budget according to another court decision (Part 2 Article 28, Part 1 Article 388 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Member of the Parliament of Ukraine, his financial adviser and freelance adviser of the Head of the Administration of President of Ukraine in 2015-2016 years are suspected of causing damage in the amount of 20 million UAH to the State Enterprise (SE) “Ukrzaliznychpostach” (since December 2015 - Branch of the JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia") and attempt to embezzle 44 million UAH (Part 5 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, who is suspected of abuse of office and non-declaration of income (Part 2 Article 364 and Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-official of National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP), who submitted false data to e-declaration (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Member of Parliament of Ukraine, who is involved in 93.28 million UAH public funds embezzlement of the JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia"(Part 5 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the former Deputy Director General of Production Assurance Department of the SE "Eastern Mining and Processing Plant" and the Director of the LLC "Trading House Eco-Service" were given notices of suspicion on 24.4 million UAH embezzlement of the mentioned SE. They are wanted because of unknown whereabouts.
The ex-Member of Parliament of Ukraine was given a notice of suspicion on organizing a scheme of the misappropriation of the property of Main Department of the National Guard of Ukraine (Part 3 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191). The court chose a preventative measure in a form of temporary custody with 80 million UAH alternative bail.
Three ex-Members of Parliament of Ukraine are suspected of submitted false data to e-declarations (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine):
- ex-Members of Parliament of Ukraine (IV - VIII convocations), who did not submit the data on the financial liabilities to the JSC "UkrSibbank" in the total amount of almost 149.97 thousand USD and 149.66 thousand EUR in 2015, 467.51 thousand USD and 450.36 thousand EUR in 2016;
- ex-Members of Parliament of Ukraine (VIIІ convocation), who did not submit the data on the financial liabilities in the total amount of almost 10 million UAH in 2015-2016 and over 9 million UAH in 2017;
- ex-Members of Parliament of Ukraine (VIIІ convocation) being also ex-director of one of the departments of the Kyiv City State Administration, who did not submit the data on using real estate in the total amount 3.8 million UAH in 2016-2017.
In October, a pre-trial investigation of the case as of a witness who unreasonably refused to testify during the investigation as of the facts of 92 million UAH embezzlement of the local budget of Odesa was completed.
Among indictments sent to court in October there are as of following persons:
- four officials of the MDU and beneficial owner of a private company, who are suspected of 58 million UAH embezzlement of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine while purchasing of fuel (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Head and his Deputy of the "Production Center" Branch of the JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" in 2015-2016, who are suspected of causing damage in the amount of 39,8 million UAH to the "Ukrzaliznytsia" (Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-judge of the Solomyansky District Court of Kyiv, detained by Detectives in January 2017, who is accused of committing fraud in order to embezzle a person’s funds in especially large amounts (Part 2 of Article 15, Part 4 of Article 190 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
More information about the NABU’s main results available on the homepage of the website.