The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 53 cases. 12 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. 7 cases were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU activities as of December 2020.
The NABU Detectives exposed a number of officials on corruption. Among detainees there are:
- the Head of the State Commercial Sea Port "Chernomorsk" and the person-intermediary, who demanded and received USD 250 thousand;
- the Acting Head of one of the Territorial Departments of the State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre (StateGeoCadastre) and an intermediary, who tried to attempt to bribe the Head of the StateGeoCadastre;
- the Former official of the Mykolayivoblenerho PJSC (70% state-owned) on attempt to give an improper advantage to the Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine for the appointment to position of a director of the PJSC.
NABU and SAPO gave notices of suspicion to abovementioned persons. In particular, the notices of suspicion were given to the following persons:
- the Deputy Head of the Presidential Office, who may be involved in giving an improper advantage for issuing an unreliable forensic expert's report in the case of UAH 81 million misappropriation of the National Guard;
- the Acting Head of the Production and Technical laboratory of the Okhtyrsky Bakery Branch and another official of the State Reserve Agency of Ukraine, suspected of the embezzlement of grain, which exceeds UAH 2.8 million;
- the Former Member of Parliament of Ukraine (beneficial owner of the of the LLC Ukrbud Development), suspected of giving an improper advantage for issuing an unreliable forensic expert's report.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among suspects there are:
- the person, suspected of giving UAH 950 thousand of an improper advantage to the Director General of the Ukrspetsexport State Company;
- the Head of the Investigation Department of Financial Investigation Tax Police of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine of one of Regions and the intermediary-lawyer, suspected of demanding and receiving an improper advantage;
- the ex-First Deputy Head of the State Migration Service of Ukraine (SMSU) on receiving an improper advantage, who demanded an improper advantage for providing to certificate for temporary residence in Ukraine;
- the First Deputy Head of the Main Department of the State Tax Service of Ukraine in Kyiv, one of the executives of a group of companies affiliated with the former Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources , the Former Head of one of the Departments of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, a trustee for the Minister of Ecology, who tried to give an improper advantage to the NABU official and the SAPO Head.
In December 2020, NABU and SAPO sent to court a number of indictments. Among accused persons there are:
- the Member of Parliament of the VIII convocation, who illegally received UAH 928 thousand for renting a room in hotel;
- the Director of one of the Departments of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration, who incited a person to give bribe.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.