The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigation as of 63 criminal proceedings in February 2020. 19 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes within criminal proceedings investigated by NABU and SAPO. Indictments as of 8 persons were sent to court. That are the results of NABU activities as of February 2020.
Among persons exposed on corruption there are:
- Head of one of the Departments of the State Reserve Agency of Ukraine (SRAU), who incited the Heads of companies under the management of SRAU to give bribes to the SRAU Head (Part 4 Article 368, Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-officials of Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine, who organized illegal procurement resulted in causing UAH 2.2 million damages to the State (Part 2 Article 364, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Head of the District Court of Zakarpattia Oblast, who demanded and received UAH 15 thousand improper advantage for making a decision in favor of the plaintiff in a civil case (Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In particular, in February notices of suspicion were given to following persons:
- Head of Chernivtsi Regional Council, who demanded an improper advantage in the amount of USD 400 thousand for assistance in the leasing of the health complex (Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) and the entrepreneur, who gave part of improper advantage in the amount of USD 180 thousand (Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- officials of the Berdyansk Branch of the "Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority" SE and representative of the LLC, who, according to the investigation, organized a scheme resulted in causing UAH 2.49 million damages to the State (Part 2 Article 364, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- Head of the District Court of Rivne Oblast, who demanded and received an improper advantage through intermediary (Part 3 Article 368, Part 2 Article 369-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among them there are following:
- two cases as of illegally receiving of funds as a compensation from the state budget for housing rent by Members of Parliament of Ukraine (one of them received UAH 738.74 thousand, the other – more than UAH 361 thousand);
- submitting false data to e-declarations by Director of the "Ukroboronprom" State Concern;
- submitting false data to e-declarations by the ex-judge of Vyshgorod District Court of Kyiv Oblast.
In February, NABU and SAPO sent cases as of submitting false data to e-declarations by Member of Parliament of Ukraine (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) and receiving USD 2 thousand of improper advantage by the judge of the Zarychnyi District Court of Sumy (Part 3 Article 368). In addition, on February 26, 2020, the High Anti-Corruption Court found the former Member of Parliament of Ukraine guilty of an offense under Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (according to the plea bargain agreement).
According to the Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.