134 persons are suspected of committing corruption crimes within 752 criminal proceedings investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor`s Office. 224 cases as of 398 persons were sent to court. These are the results of the activities of the NABU and the SAPO as of September 30, 2019.
In September notices of suspicion were given to the following persons:
- Head of the Road Service of Mykolaiv Region, who is suspected of demanding and receiving 300 thousand UAH and 90 thousand USD of improper advantage (Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Member of Parliament, who is suspected of 20 million USD embezzlement of the Public Joint-Stock Company (PJSC) “State Savings Bank of Ukraine” (Part 5 Article 191, Part 3 Article 27, Part 3 Article 209, Part 3 Article 27 Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- ex-Director of the SE “Lviv Armor Vehicle Factory”, who is suspected of submitting false data to e-declaration (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- one of the witnesses in case as of embezzlement of 92 million UAH from Odesa City budget during purchasing of the buildings of the Open Joint Stock Company (OJSC) “Holding Company “Krayan” (Part 1 Article 385 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
About five criminal proceedings investigated by the NABU Detectives, SAPO Prosecutors sent to the High Anti-Corruption Court of Ukraine (HACC) in September.
The first indictment sent to the HACC regards former First Deputy Director General of the Titanium Institute. Ex-official is suspected of organizing a scheme that caused 1.258 million USD damage to the "Titanium Institute". His actions are qualified under Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Among cases sent to court in September there are cases:
- as of six persons accused of 98 million UAH embezzlement of the CTS "Liski" PJSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" (Part 5 Article 191, Part 3 Article 209, Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- as of Ex-Head of the subsidiary company "Centrgas" accused of 8.6 million UAH public funds embezzlement (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- as of two persons accused of causing 8.245 million USD damage to the SE “Ukrcosmos” (Part 3 Article 27, Part 2 Article 364, Part 5 Article 191, Part 3 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- as of three persons accused of causing more than 68.72 million UAH damage to the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Television Film Studio “Ukrtelefilm” (Part 2 Article 364, Part 4 Article 358 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the last month the Supreme Court ruled important decisions.
According to one of them, the court supported the NABU`s claim for annulment of illegal additional agreements for the purchase of sulfur between (SE) “Eastern Mining and Processing Plant” (EMPP) and the “National Nuclear Energy Generating Company (NNEGC) “Energoatom” in 2015.
The decision has already entered into legal force and has become the basis for recovery of illegally overpaid 25 million UAH from the private company in favor of SE EMPP.
In addition, in September, the Supreme Court finally recognized the ex-Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine as the responsible official for the decision-making on deferring rent payments. The ex-Head of SFS is accused of involvement in the so-called “Gas case”.
More information about the NABU’s main results available on the homepage of the website.