In July 2021, NABU Detectives launched probes within 48 criminal cases, served eight notices of suspicion, and filed 19 indictments against eight people. One conviction in respect of three persons came into force.
Last month the Detectives exposed:
- ex-officials of Kharkiv State Aircraft Manufacturing Company (part of Ukroboronprom) suspected of embezzling USD 1.93 million and EUR 553.24 thousand (a total of some UAH 30 million);
- the State Food and Grain Corporation of Ukraine PJSC ex-Head suspected of misappropriating grain worth over UAH 14.7 million;
- three persons suspected of implementing a corruption scheme to seize 1.56 thousand tons of grain worth more than UAH 12 million;
- the Deputy Chairman of the Kharkiv Regional Council and his accomplice, a lawyer, suspected of accepting a UAH 1.05 million bribe;
- a former Head of the Production and Technical Equipment Department of Yuzhnoukrainsk NPP (a part of “National Nuclear Energy Generating Company “Energoatom” SE) and his accomplice, head of two companies suspected of embezzling UAH 12.3 million of power plant's funds.
In July, NABU Detectives completed probes into:
- a corruption scheme resulting in UAH 103 million losses to the Ukrzaliznytsia PJSC during the purchase of diesel fuel;
- a scheme of granting a UAH 1.2 billion stabilization loan to PJSC "VAB Bank".
The following persons were put on trial:
- five persons charged with embezzlement of natural gas of state-owned Naftogaz of Ukraine NJSC worth more than UAH 729.8 million;
- five persons who organized a corrupt scheme to purchase apartments for the personnel of the National Guard of Ukraine, which proved to be unfit for habitation;
- two people involved in bribery during the construction of the centralized spent fuel storage facility of water-cooled power reactors at Ukrainian NPPs;
- a retired lieutenant general and an official of the Donetsk Regional State Administration whose actions resulted in the loss of UAH 2.87 million by the State and the lack of proper fortifications for the military in the JFO area;
- the former First Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, former Deputy Minister of Defense and Acting Director of the Department of the Ministry of Defense charged with the embezzlement of UAH 17.44 million.
In addition, former Prosecutor of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine Oleksandr Matiushko, sentenced by the High Anti-corruption Court to two years in prison for a proposal of USD 10 thousand for a post in NABU, was detained by Detectives.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is considered non-guilty in the commission of a crime and cannot be subject to criminal punishment until he or she is found guilty by court.