The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 88 cases. 18 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 9 persons within 6 cases were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU activities as of October 2020.
In particular, the notices of suspicion were given to the following persons:
- the Director of the Enterprise, who offered UAH 4.2 million of improper advantage to the Head of the Regional State Administration for resolving the issue of changing budget expenditures (Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- to the Director of a private company, who is the third participant involved in the corrupt scheme of giving an improper advantage to a former official of “National Nuclear Power Generation Company (NNPGC) “Energoatom” SE (Part 5 Article 27, Part 2 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- the Acting General Director of the SE Pervomayskvuhillya, the Director of branch office of the mentioned coal mine - Shahta Zolote SE, the Heads of two private companies involved in the corrupt scheme of embezzlement UAH 14.33 million allocated on preventing technological accident at the coal mines located in Luhansk Oblast (Part 5 Article 191, Part 2 Article 15, Part 5 Article 191, and Part 1 Article 366 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- one of the Deputy Directors of the Yuzhny Sea Commercial Port SE, the former Deputy Director of the Yuzhny Sea Commercial Port SE, seven former Directors of private companies, two officials of private companies, who organized a corruption scheme, resulted in causing UAH 47 million losses to the Yuzhny Sea Commercial Port SE (Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are:
- abuse of office by the former Head of one of the units of the Logistics Department of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine, which caused almost UAH 1.8 million damages to the State;
- embezzlement of natural gas of National Joint-Stock Company Naftogaz of Ukraine, which exceeds UAH 729.8 million;
- causing UAH 131 million damages to the territorial community of Odesa;
- demanded and received on a monthly basis bribes from the subordinate Heads of the State Criminal-Executive Services by the Head of Western Interregional Department of the Criminal Sentence Enforcement and Probation of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine;
- illegally received from the state budget cash compensation payments in the amount of UAH 937 thousand for renting a room in the “Kyiv” Hotel by the Member of Parliament of the VIII convocation;
- abuse of office by officials of Energomerezha HC PrJSC, Zaporizhzhiaoblenergo PJSC and Cherkasyoblenergo PJSC.