On January 21, 2019, the ex-Deputy of the Poltava Regional Council was given a notice of suspicion on submitting a false data to e-declarations (Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine). In general, the total amount of the undeclared property exceeds 180 million UAH.
In particular, the ex-Deputy did not submit in the declaration for 2016 the following data:
- 126.4 million UAH of returnable financial aid to the companies owned by the suspect;
- more than 14 million UAH deposited on bank accounts;
- 42.6 million UAH of income received in 2016;
- corporate rights in 15 companies;
- data on the beneficiary rights for more than 20 legal entities.
The NABU Detectives started the investigation of the abovementioned facts in December 2017.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.