As of 31.08.2018, the Detectives of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine under the procedural guidance of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office (SAPO) investigate 644 criminal proceedings. 161 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing criminal corruption offences.
During the last month, a number of judges was given notices of suspicion. In particular:
- one of the judges of the Commercial Court of Ivano-Frankivsk Region, who, according to the investigation, received 5 thousand EUR of improper advantage in exchange for a promise not to change the arbitration manager within the consideration one of the business cases on bankruptcy of the enterprise;
- the Acting Head of one of Vinnytsya Courts, who, as the investigation revealed, received 20 thousand UAH of improper advantage for the decision-making to terminate administrative proceeding as of citizen;
- the judge of one of the District Courts of Luhansk Region, who, according to the investigation, received 10 thousand USD of improper advantage for not bringing the citizen to administrative liability;
- the judge of one of the District Courts of Kyiv Region, who, according to the NABU Detectives, received an improper advantage for not bringing a citizen to administrative liability;
- the judge of the Court of Appeal of Cherkassy Region, detained immediately after receiving 30 thousand UAH of improper advantage from the citizen.
In addition, in August 2018, the pre-trial investigations of some cases were completed; the suspects and defense had been granted with access to the materials of the investigation. In particular, among them there are:
- 8 persons suspected of committing a crime as of the fact of embezzlement of 259.2 million UAH allocated for the implementation of a number of national projects;
- the Head of one of the Village Councils of Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky District of the Kyiv region, suspected of receiving 90 thousand USD of improper advantage for approving a detailed plan of estate development area with an approximate area of 90 hectares in the Kyiv Region and taking action to sign the relevant decision of the village council;
- the judge of Baryshevsky District Court of Kyiv Refion, suspected of receiving 2500 USD in exchange for satisfaction a claim in a civil case.
As of the end of August, the NABU and the SAPO sent to court 155 cases. 244 persons are accused of committing crimes. In August, the NABU Detectives completed the investigation and prosecutors sent to courts indictments as of:
- the Ex-Deputy Head of the Financial Department of the Joint-Stock Company "Kharkivoblenergo" and the Ex-First Deputy General Director of Communal Enterprise "Kharkivvodokanal" within a case as of the facts of causing 19,6 million UAH losses to the "Kharkivoblenergo" (65% of the shares belongs to the state). They are accused of committing crimes under Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the Ex-Acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Kyiv-Dniprovsk Inter-Branch Enterprise of Industrial Railway Transport within a case as of the facts of causing 8.8 million UAH losses to the enterprise (100% of the shares of the abovementioned enterprise belongs to the state represented by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine). They are accused of committing crimes under Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
- the judge of the Commercial Court of Kharkiv Region, who made a decision in favor of a private enterprise involved in the so-called «gas scheme». She is accused of committing a crime under Part 2 Article 364 and Part 1 Article 375 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the Head of one of the city courts of Donetsk Region is accused of committing a crime under Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the judge of the Circuit Administrative Court of Kyiv City is accused of committing a crime under Part 3 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the judge of the Babushkinskyy District Court of Dnipro is accused of committing a crime under Part 4 Article 368 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
*Since December 4, 2015, when the NABU Detectives entered the first proceedings to the Unified register of pre-trial investigations
According to the Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court