On June 6, 2022, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor`s Office (SAPO) filed an indictment against the former head and officials of the state enterprise "Ukrinmash" (a subsidiary of Ukroboronprom State Concern), suspected of embezzling more than EUR 140,000.
The suspects are:
- the General Director of Ukrinmash SE*;
- the acting General Director of Ukrinmash SE*;
- the Deputy General Director of Ukrinmash SE*;
- the head of a department at Ukrinmash SE;
- the head of contracts unit №1 at Ukrinmash SE;
- the head of contracts unit №2 at Ukrinmash SE;
- the director of a private company and its final beneficiary.
According to the investigation, in 2014-2015, Ukrinmash signed a foreign contract to supply products manufactured at other Ukroboronprom enterprises, involving a private company whose final beneficiary was a friend of one of the top managers of the state enterprise. To manage the contract, Ukrinmash signed an agency agreement with this company. However, the investigation found that no agency services were provided, while acceptance acts were forged with the participation of Ukrinmash officials. The total amount of funds paid illegally to the private company for undelivered services exceeded EUR 140,000.
In October 2021, NABU completed the investigation into the above facts.
* positions at the time of committing the crime
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine, a person is considered non-guilty in the commission of a crime and cannot be subject to criminal punishment until he or she is found guilty by court.