On April 15, 2021, the Detectives of the National Bureau jointly with the Internal Security Department of the National Police under the procedural guidance of SAPO served the former Head of the Explosives Department of the National Police with a notice of suspicion of receiving 980 thousand UAH (Part 4 Article 368, Part 1 Article 209 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine). The notice of suspicion was also served to an accomplice in the crime - a private entrepreneur, whose actions fall under Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (giving an improper advantage to an official).
"The G7 is still highly interested in the fight against corruption in Ukraine. We closely monitor the latest developments around the National Bureau and other anti-corruption bodies in Ukraine," said Melinda Simmons, the British Ambassador to Ukraine, during a visit to the National Bureau. It should be noted that the UK currently holds the G7 Precedency.
On April 7, 2021, notices of suspicion were served to two lawyers who had been exposed the day before receiving an improper advantage in the amount of USD 100 thousand for its further transfer to judges of the Kyiv District Administrative Court. Their actions fall under Part 4 Article 27, Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
On April 1, 2021, SAPO Prosecutors and NABU Detectives referred an indictment in relation to the former Head of two private companies involved in a corruption scheme that helped embezzle public funds during the extraction and sale of natural gas under joint venture agreements with Ukrgazvydobuvannia PJSC. This is one of the several indictments already filed within the so-called "gas scheme" case.
On March 30, 2021, the indictment in respect of the Head of Kharkiv District Administrative Court was sent to court. The actions of the official are qualified under Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
The Supreme Court has ruled it is the Kyiv Court of Appeal and not the High Anti-Corruption Court that has to decide the fate of the case regarding an attempt to offer USD 5 mln in bribe to the heads of NABU and SAPO. The decision was made by the panel of judges of the Third Judicial Chamber of the Criminal Court of Cassation of the Supreme Court on March 26, 2021 (the full text of the decision will be announced on March 30).
The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine and the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor's Office have completed an investigation into the loss of UAH 2.2 million caused to the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine (FISU). On March 25, 2021, an indictment regarding three persons was sent to court.
The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine and the State Customs Service of Ukraine are uniting efforts to combat corruption at customs. The formats of future cooperation were discussed by the Heads of the agencies at the meeting on March 23, 2021.
"For almost 6 years of our work, we have tracked down Ukrainian corruption in about 80 countries. These are the countries where participants in NABU cases, namely high-ranking officials, took the funds stolen in Ukraine and later legalized them. It is difficult to name the amount that has been siphoned off from Ukraine through corruption schemes. We can assume we are talking about billions," said Artem Sytnyk, Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau, during the III International Criminal Law Forum.