The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 49 cases in June 2020. 18 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 14 persons were sent to court. These are the results of NABU activities as of June 2020.
During the first month of summer, the NABU Detectives exposed a number of officials on corruption. Among detainees there are:
- three persons, who tried to give an improper advantage in the amount of USD 5 million to the NABU official and the SAPO Head;
- two officials of the Marine search and rescue service, who bought Volkswagen cars from a predetermined company at substantially inflated prices;
- the Head of one of the Regional State Administrations (RSA) and the official of the RSA, who planned to receive am improper advantage from the Head of the Main Department of one of the executive agency in the region every month.
NABU and SAPO gave notices of suspicion to abovementioned persons.
In particular, in June notices of suspicion were also given to:
- the Director of the Branch of the Public Joint-Stock Company (PJSC) "Ukrzaliznytsia", the ex-Deputy Director of the Branch of the "Ukrzaliznytsia" PJSC and two other persons, who tried to organize a corruption chseme in the procurement of services for the development a software for the sale of “Kyiv Boryspil Express” electronic tickets - Part 3 Article 15, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- four persons involved in causing UAH 131 million of damages to the territorial community of Odesa - Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- the former Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine, who suspected of committing illegal acts that caused losses in the amount of UAH 30.5 million to the state budget - Part 2 of Article 211 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are as of the following facts:
- submitting false data to e-declarations by Odesa City Mayor - the second suspicion of the official under Article 366-1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- causing UAH 17.44 million damages to the state budget during the purchase of cars for the needs of the army - Part 2 of Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In June 2020, NABU and SAPO sent to court a number of indictments. Among accused persons there are:
- former Head of the Board of the PrJSC “HC “Energomerezha ” (Part 5 of Article 191, Part 3 Article 27 Part 2 Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) and former Acting General Director of the OJSC “Zaporizhzhiaoblenergo” (Part 2 of Article 364 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine) involved in UAH 346.22 million public funds embezzlement of the OJSC “Zaporizhzhiaoblenergo”;
- the ex-Member of Parliament of Ukraine, the financial adviser, the freelance adviser of Head of the Administration of President of Ukraine in 2015-2016 years, who are accused of causing damages in the amount of UAH 20 million to the State Enterprise (SE) “Ukrzaliznychpostach” (Part 5 Article 27, Part 5 Article 191 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- two persons exposed on giving a part of improper advantage of USD 5 million to the Head of the State Property Fund of Ukraine (Part 4 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- the Director of one of the State Enterprises of Kharkivska Oblast, who proposed an improper advantage to the NABU Detective (Part 3 Article 369 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine);
- three Members of Parliament, who illegally received from the state budget compensation for renting a room in the “Kyiv” Hotel: UAH 367 thousand, UAH 543 thousand, UAH 738.74 thousand.
Last month, in NABU cases, the High Anti-Corruption ruled three final decisions concerning four persons.
According to Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.