The NABU Detectives have started pre-trial investigations as of 52 cases. 13 persons were given notices of suspicion of committing corruption crimes. Indictments as of 11 persons were sent to court. These are the results of the NABU and SAPO activities as of August 2020.
In particular, the notices of suspicion were given to the following persons:
- five persons, suspected of embezzlement of natural gas of the National Joint-Stock Company Naftogaz of Ukraine, which exceeds UAH 729.8 million;
- seven persons, suspected of embezzlement almost UAH 78 million from the local budget of Kyiv while purchasing special equipment for the municipal association the "Kyivzelenbud";
- the Director of one of the Departments of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration, who was exposed on receiving of an improper advantage.
In addition, the NABU Detectives completed investigations as of number of criminal proceedings. Among the cases there are:
- causing UAH 51.17 million damages to the SE Selidivvuhilya, the SE Myrnogradvuhilya and the SE Pivdennodonbaske №1;
- committing illegal actions by the former Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine that caused losses in the amount of UAH 30.5 million to the state budget;
- giving and receiving an improper advantage by the Head of one of the District Courts of Rivne Oblast;
- UAH 787 million of public funds embezzlement of the National Bank of Ukraine.
In August 2020, NABU and SAPO sent to court a number of indictments. Among accused persons there are:
- ex-Deputy General Director of the private company and the Director of the LLC Eco-Service Trading House, accused of causing UAH 25.4 million damages to the United Mining and Chemical Company;
- two Deputy Directors of the Electrotyazhmash Plant, the Head of the Department of the Electrotyazhmash Plant, Ultimate beneficiary of the Czech company, the Director of the Czech company, accused of causing UAH 13.7 million damages to Electrotyazhmash Plant;
- Odesa City Mayor, accused of submiting false data to the e-declaration of 2017.
According to the Article 62 of the Constitution of Ukraine a person is considered not-guilty in commission of crime and cannot be a subject to criminal punishment, until he or she is found guilty by the court.